The Scrovegni Chapel
The Scrovegni Chapel dedicated to St. Mary of the Charity, frescoed between 1303 and 1305 by Giotto, upon the commission of Enrico degli Scrovegni, is one of the most important masterpieces of Western art. The frescoes, which narrate events in the lives of the Virgin Mary and Christ, cover the entire extent of the walls. On the wall opposite the altar is the grandiose Universal Judgement.
The Chapel was acquired by the city of Padova in 1880and the frescoes were subjected to several specialized restoration operations. A room of the Eremitani Museum will be fitted with 7 workstations multimedial, for the study of frescoes in the Scrovegni Chapel and also Giotto’s historical and artistic period. The itinerary is optional. Visits last about 30 minutes.
Access to the Scrovegni Chapel
Tickets have to be bought at least 72 hours before the visit.
Payment will be made:
for call-center bookings, by bank transfer to the bank account 31310 Z at Banca Antoniana Popolare Veneta, 15, via Verdi, 35121 Padova branch 290 (ABI 05040 CAB 12190)
for on-line bookings, by credit card
Visitors should collect their booked and prepaid tickets at the Eremitani Museum ticket office 1 hour before visiting time. The ticket office is about 100 m. from the Scrovegni Chapel.
Visitors with their tickets should meet at the entrance of Corpo Tecnologico Arrezzato di Accesso (C.T.A.) outside the Scrovegni Chapel 5 minutes before the visiting time stamped on their tickets.
Every day 9.00/19.00
Closed: May 1, December 25-26, January 1
Entrance from Musei Civici agli Eremitani
FULL TICKET PRICE: 11 EURO
REDUCED PRICE: 7,50 EURO
SPECIAL REDUCED PRICE: 4 EURO
Call-center 049 2010020 Mondays-Fridays 9.00-22.00 Saturdays 9.00-13.00 (unless a public holiday)
Site and on-line bookings: www.cappelladegliscrovegni.it
Padova guide museums - The Scrovegni Chapel in Padua